Zeller enables you to surcharge your customers to recover the cost of card acceptance.
In line with surcharging regulations set by the Reserve Bank of Australia, you must not apply a surcharge greater than the cost of your acceptance.
To set surcharging, log in to your Zeller Dashboard then follow the steps below.
- Select Payments and then Sites.
- Select the site you would like to manage.
- Select the Payments tab at the top of the screen.
- Toggle on the Surcharge option.
- You are able to set a surcharge for card payments by entering the percentage you wish to apply.
Note: You will not be able to specify a surcharge amount greater than your cost acceptance.
With surcharging enabled, your Zeller Terminal will automatically apply a surcharge to the transaction total you enter, after your customer's card is presented, but prior to any card verification and transaction authorisation steps, such as PIN entry or signature.
The total transaction amount will be displayed on the terminal and receipt if requested by your customer.